The Part 1 of the GPDO - GENERAL Appeal Decisions document has been updated to include 1 additional appeal decision relating to householder permitted development legislation, for which the conclusions are as follows:
June 2012 - Code a00328 (appeal dismissed):
- More than one wall facing the same direction can form “the principal elevation” (in the case where the elevation is staggered horizontally). (*)
- This appeal decision provides an example of where it was concluded that a relatively short width of wall does form part of “the principal elevation”.
- In the second of the above diagrams, “Extension D” would be subject to the “extend beyond” type restrictions in relation to “Wall 2”. [Note: The diagrams are viewable within the “Extend beyond” topic of this document].
- To view the conclusions, full summaries, and decision notices for any of the above appeals, please view the Part 1 of the GPDO - GENERAL Appeal Decisions document. As a member of the Planning Jungle website, you can view the decision notices for all of the appeals within the above document for no extra cost.
- Any of the above conclusions marked with a "(*)" contradict other appeal decisions. The "Reference Section" within the above document indicates how many appeals have supported and contradicted each particular conclusion.