The "Use Classes Order 1987 – Quick Reference Guide" document provides a “Quick Reference Version” of “The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987” (i.e. the “UCO 1987”). This document incorporates the Use Classes from the “UCO 1987 (Consolidated)” document and the relevant permitted changes of use from the “GPDO 1995 (Consolidated)” document.
How is the above document different from the other versions available online:
- The above document is more up-to-date than many of the other versions of the UCO 1987 that are available online. For example, a review on 25/03/2013 of the first 10 versions that resulted from a search on Google for "Use Classes Order" found the following:
- 40% of these other versions had not been updated with Use Class C4 (introduced in April 2010 by SI 2010 No. 653).
- 70% of these other versions had not been updated with the permitted change of use from C3 to C4 (introduced in October 2010 by SI 2010 No. 2134).
- 90% of these other versions had not been updated with the permitted change of use from A1 to A1 & up to 2 flats (introduced in October 2012 by SI 2012 No. 2257).
- The above document contains more references than many of the other versions of the UCO 1987 that are available online. For example, for each sentence in the UCO 1987 that has been amended since the original version, the above document provides a reference to the amendment Statutory Instrument, enabling the user to view the actual legislation.