The Planning Portal has introduced the following form for the new notification and prior approval process under Part 1 Class A of the GPDO:
- Notification of a Proposed Larger Home Extension (pdf) (link).
- Guidance Notes for the above form (pdf) (link).
The following should be noted:
- The submission of a form for this process is optional, as the legislation does not require that the developer submits a form.
- In my opinion, LPAs will have to be very careful about concluding that the information provided by the developer does not constitute a notification in accordance with the requirements of the legislation. For example, if the developer doesn't complete the whole of section 4 or section 7 of the above form, then the LPA must not automatically deem the notification to be "invalid" on this basis.
- This information has been added to the "Part 1 of the GPDO – Larger Rear Extensions – Guide" document.