The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 06/04/2016:
- April 2016: SI 2016 No. 331 - The Town and Country Planning (Compensation) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" at the end of the above SI states the following:
- "The practical effect of these Regulations is that if a local planning authority withdraws the new permitted development rights [i.e. Part 3 Class PA ("premises in light industrial use to dwellinghouses")] by issuing a direction under article 4 of the 2015 Order, compensation is only payable in respect of planning applications made within 12 months beginning on the date the direction took effect. The Regulations also allow local planning authorities to avoid compensation liability on withdrawal of the new permitted development rights by publicising their intention to make an article 4 direction at least one year, and not more than two years, ahead of the article 4 direction taking effect.".
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Compensation Regulations 2015" page has been updated to list SI 2016 No. 331.