The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 21/10/2016:
- October 2016: SI 2016 No. 944 - The Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2016 No. 944 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" at the end of the above SI states the following:
- "These Regulations amend the Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Procedure and Consequential Amendments) Order 2013 and the Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Written Representations and Miscellaneous Provisions) Regulations 2013. The effect of the Regulations is to make new provision in respect of the circumstances in which an authority may be designated under section 62A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, and where, as a consequence, an applicant making certain types of application for planning permission may make those directly to the Secretary of State, rather than to the local planning authority. The Regulations also specify the respective obligations of the Secretary of State and the local planning authority in relation to publicising the making of such an application.".
Other Sources of Information:
- February 2016: Technical consultation on implementation of planning changes (pdf) (link).
- Note: For a summary of the above document, please view this post.
- September 2016: Explanatory Memorandum to SI 2016 No. 944 (link).
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Section 62A Applications Order/Regulations/Rules 2013" page has been updated to list the above SI 2016 No. 944.