The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 21/10/2016:
- October 2016: SI 2016 No. 955 - The Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Hearings) (Amendment) Rules 2016 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2016 No. 955 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" at the end of the above SI states the following:
- "These Rules amend the Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Hearings) Rules 2013 following the inclusion of applications for non-major development within the categories of application which may be made directly to the Secretary of State rather than a local planning authority when that planning authority is subject to a designation under section 62A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. The Town and Country Planning (Section 62A Applications) (Amendment) Regulations 2016 make detailed provision in that regard. These Rules provide in particular that the Secretary of State must give no less than 5 working days’ notice of a hearing to be held before a person appointed by the Secretary of State in respect of an application for non-major development. ".
Other Sources of Information:
- February 2016: Technical consultation on implementation of planning changes (pdf) (link).
- Note: For a summary of the above document, please view this post.
- September 2016: Explanatory Memorandum to SI 2016 No. 955 (link).
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Section 62A Applications Order/Regulations/Rules 2013" page has been updated to list the above SI 2016 No. 955.