- The "All Other LDC Appeal Decisions" document provides a list of all LDC appeal decisions since October 2008 except those that relate to Part 1 of the GPDO (note: the latter are covered by other documents on this website). For reference, at the time of this post (October 2016), the above document currently includes 1632 appeal decisions.
- For each appeal decision, this list includes certain information, including the description of development, the PJL categories, and any case law references within the appeal decision notice.
- A key point of the above document is that it enables members to search for LDC appeal decisions in a number of ways that are not currently possible on the Planning Inspectorate's website, such as the following.
- It’s possible to search for appeals for which the description of development contains a particular word or phrase (e.g. “pharmacy”, "mobile home", etc).
- It’s possible to search for appeals that fall within a particular PJL category (e.g. “GPDO > Part 2 Class A”, etc).
- It’s possible to search for appeals that contain a particular case law reference (e.g. “Dyer v Dorset County Council (1988)”, etc).
Significant updates to the above document:
- For most of the appeals within the above document (i.e. more than 80%), there is now a link to the appeal on the Planning Inspectorate's website.
- For most of the appeals within the above document (i.e. more than 85%), there is now a link to the appeal decision notice on the Planning Jungle website and (if applicable) a link to the costs decision notice on the Planning Jungle website.
Notes about the above updates:
- The above updates should make it much quicker to use the above document. To view an appeal decision notice, it was previously necessary to enter the "PINS reference" into the search facility on the Planning Inspectorate's website (link). Now, for most of the appeals within the above document (i.e. more than 85%), it's possible to click on a single link that directly opens the appeal decision notice (in PDF format).
- The above updates should make the above document more future-proof. For example, in 2015 most of the appeals determined up until 31/12/2009 were removed from the Planning Inspectorate's website. Furthermore, it appears that a 5 year "rolling" deadline might be applied in the future, which would mean further appeals being removed from the Planning Inspectorate's website. If the latter happens, then the above document will still contain the links to the appeal decision notices on the Planning Jungle website.