The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 01/01/2017:
- January 2017: SI 2016 No. 1154 - The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2016 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2016 No. 1154 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" at the end of the above SI states the following:
- "These Regulations provide a consolidated system of environmental permitting in England and Wales. They replace the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 (S.I. 2010/675). These Regulations transpose provisions of 15 Directives which impose obligations required to be delivered through permits or capable of being delivered through permits.".
- The above SI makes consequential amendments - e.g. to replace references to the 2010 Regulations with references to the 2016 Regulations - to the following SIs:
- GPDO 2015.
- Use Classes Order 1987.
- EIA Regulations 2011.
- The Infrastructure Planning (Interested Parties and Miscellaneous Prescribed Provisions) Regulations 2015.
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "GPDO 2015 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2016 No. 1154.
- The "Use Classes Order 1987 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI.
- The "EIA Regulations 2011 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI.
- The "Infrastructure Planning Order/Regulations/Rules, etc" page has been updated to list the above SI.