[UPDATE: For the subsequent government "response" to this consultation, please view the following posts:
- This post for the "response" document with respect to local planning (note: the "response" is shown within section 8 of the "Explanatory Memorandum to SI 2017 No. 1244").
- This post for the "response" document with respect to fees (note: the "response" is shown within section 8 of the "Explanatory Memorandum to SI 2017 No. 1314").]
The government has published the following White Paper, which includes a consultation that runs for 12 weeks from 07/02/2017 until 02/05/2017:
- The above White Paper is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The consultation includes the following questions that relate to permitted development rights:
- Question 15 (on page 89 of the above White Paper) asks the following:
- "What are your views on the potential for delivering additional homes through more intensive use of existing public sector sites, or in urban locations more generally, and how this can best be supported through planning (using tools such as policy, local development orders, and permitted development rights)?".
- Questions 39 and 40 (not shown within the above White Paper) ask about agricultural PD rights - for further details, please view this post.