The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 06/04/2017:
- April 2017: SI 2017 No. 365 - The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2017 No. 365 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI includes the following information:
- "Regulation 2 clarifies a rule about how controlled quantities are calculated where two or more hazardous substances are present together but individually the amounts of those substances fall below the usual controlled quantities. The rule must be applied in relation to each of three hazard groups (categorised in Part 1 of Schedule 1 as health, physical, and environment hazards) to assess whether such substances nevertheless require consent. When applying the rule, no account is to be taken of substances present within the establishment which exceed the controlled quantity. For each hazard group, in accordance with Note 7, the lowest controlled quantity for that group should be used.".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Hazardous Substances Regulations 2015" page has been updated to list the above SI 2017 No. 365.