The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 23/05/2017:
- May 2017: SI 2017 No. 620 - The Town and Country Planning (Compensation) (England) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2017 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2017 No. 620 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI includes the following information:
- "The practical effect of these Regulations is that if a local planning authority withdraws the new permitted development right [i.e. Part 3 Class AA ("drinking establishments with expanded food provision")] by issuing a direction under article 4 of the 2015 Order, compensation is only payable in respect of planning applications made within 12 months beginning on the date the direction took effect. The Regulations also provide that no compensation is payable where a local planning authority publicises their intention to make such an article 4 direction at least 12 months, and not more than two years, ahead of the article 4 direction taking effect.".
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Compensation Regulations 2015 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2017 No. 620.