The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 30/11/2017:
- November 2017: SI 2017 No. 1073 - The Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2017 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2017 No. 1073 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The above SI includes amendments to the following SIs:
- The Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) Regulations 2010.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI includes the following information:
- "These Regulations amend the Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) Regulations 2010 (S.I. 2010/104).".
- "Those Regulations were amended by the Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 (S.I. 2017/105) (“the Amendment Regulations”) to prescribe a new Form A. Form A prescribes the form in which a compulsory acquisition notice under section 134(7) of the Planning Act 2008 (c. 29) must be made. Section 134 of that Act only applies if an order granting development consent under that Act includes provision authorising compulsory acquisition of land. Form A states that a person aggrieved by the development consent order may challenge the order only in accordance with section 118 of that Act.".
- "Section 118 specifies the period in which a claim form for judicial review must be filed. Section 118 was amended by section 92(4) (a) of the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 (c. 2) to change the calculation of the period in which the claim form must be filed. The Amendment Regulations were defective in that they did not reflect the 2015 amendments. These Regulations correct that defect.".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Infrastructure Planning Order/Regulations/Rules, etc" page has been updated to list the above SI 2017 No. 1073.