The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 15/01/2018 and 06/04/2018:
- January 2018 and April 2018: SI 2017 No. 1244 - The Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2017 No. 1244 is not summarised on the Planning Jungle website.
- The above SI includes amendments to the following SIs:
- Local Planning Regulations 2012.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI includes the following information:
- "These Regulations make amendments to the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 (“the 2012 Regulations”).".
- "Regulation 3 inserts the definition of an upper-tier county council into the 2012 Regulations, in consequence of the amendments to Part 2 and Schedule A1 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (“the 2004 Act”) made by section 10 of, and Schedule 2 to, the Neighbourhood Planning Act 2017 (“the 2017 Act”).".
- "Regulation 4 prescribes the time period for review of certain local development documents.".
- "Regulation 5 makes an amendment to regulation 22 of the 2012 Regulations to remove the requirement for documents submitted to the Secretary of State under section 20 of the 2004 Act to be submitted both in paper form and electronically.".
- "Regulations 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 make amendments that are consequential to the amendments to Part 2 and Schedule A1 of the 2004 Act made by section 10 of, and Schedule 2 to the 2017 Act.".
- "Section 9 of the 2017 Act inserts new sections 28A to 28C of the 2004 Act, providing the Secretary of State with a power to direct two or more local planning authorities to prepare a joint development plan document. Regulation 8 prescribes the meaning of ‘corresponding document’ and ‘corresponding joint development plan document’ for the purpose of these new sections. The terms refer to a jointly prepared development plan document which is taken forward by one or more local authorities after a direction given under section 28A is withdrawn or modified.".
Other Sources of Information:
- February 2017: Fixing our broken housing market - White Paper (pdf) (link).
- December 2017: Explanatory Memorandum to SI 2017 No. 1244 (pdf) (link).
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Local Planning Regulations 2012 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2017 No. 1244.