The government has published the following response to the consultation relating to delegated decisions for compulsory purchase (which ran from 11/01/2017 until 13/02/2017):
- February 2018: Compulsory Purchase Orders Streamlining - Delegated Decisions and Timescales for Decision (pdf) (link).
- The "Introduction" at the start of the above response document includes the following information:
- "The Government agreed to undertake further targeted consultation with stakeholders on:
>>> the criteria which would be used to delegate the decision on whether to confirm a non-ministerial compulsory purchase order to an inspector
>>> the timescales for issuing a decision on delegated cases".
- "The consultation, which ran from 11 January 2017 until 13 February 2017, was sent to key representative bodies in the sector. A full list of the organisations and businesses invited to comment is attached at Annex A.".
- "A total of 14 responses were received from a range of bodies representing both claimants and acquiring authorities. This included professionals and professional institutions/associations; industry representative bodies or trade organisations, including the Compulsory Purchase Association; local authorities; other public sector bodies and individuals.".
- "This document provides a summary of the responses to the proposals and sets out the Government’s response.".