[UPDATE: For the subsequent government response to this consultation, please view this post.]
The government has published the following consultation, which runs for 9 1/2 weeks from 05/03/2018 until 10/05/2018:
- The "Introduction" at the start of the above consultation document includes the following information:
- "The draft new Framework implements the Government’s reforms to planning policy. Subject to this consultation, the Government intends to publish a final Framework before the summer. In developing the draft Framework the Government has incorporated:
>>> proposals from the previous consultations listed at the start of this document, taking into account the views raised in response to them;
>>> changes to planning policy implemented through Written Ministerial Statements since publication of the first Framework in 2012 (Annex A);
>>> the effect of caselaw on the interpretation of planning policy since 2012; and
>>> improvements to the text to increase coherence and reduce duplication.".
- "The Government is ambitious about reforming housing and planning policy so that it is as effective as possible in improving the supply of homes. Therefore this consultation includes a number of further changes to policy, beyond those consulted on previously, to help ensure that more land is brought forward for development and that permissions are turned into homes as soon as possible.".
- Note: The website for the above consultation (link) also includes the following documents:
- "National Planning Policy Framework: draft text for consultation".
- "Draft planning practice guidance".
- "Housing Delivery Test: draft measurement rule book".