The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 06/08/2018:
- August 2018: SI 2018 No. 834 - The Nuclear Reactors (Environmental Impact Assessment for Decommissioning) (Amendment) Regulations 2018 (pdf) (link).
- Regulations 20 and 21 of the above SI 2018 No. 834 make amendments to the following SIs:
- EIA Regulations 2017.
- The Infrastructure Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI includes the following information:
- "These Regulations implement Directive 2014/52/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Directive 2011/92/EU on the assessment of the effects of certain public and private projects on the environment in respect of the dismantling or decommissioning of nuclear power stations and other nuclear reactors.".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "EIA Regulations 2017 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2018 No. 834.
- The "Infrastructure Planning Order/Regulations/Rules, etc" page has been updated to list the above SI 2018 No. 834.