The government has published the following consultation, which runs for 6 weeks from 20/12/2018 until 31/01/2019:
- December 2018: Reforming developer contributions - Technical consultation on draft regulations (pdf) (link).
- The "Introduction" at the start of the above consultation document includes the following information:
- "The Government consulted on its proposals in March 2018 and published its response to the consultation in October 2018. The Government is also introducing an exemption from the Community Infrastructure Levy for starter homes which was announced in a Written Ministerial Statement in 2015. We are now consulting on the draft regulations which will amend the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended). These proposals relate to England only.".
- "The regulatory changes the Government are bringing forward relate to:
>>> Ensuring that consultation is proportionate;
>>> Removing the restriction which prevent local authorities from using more than five section 106 obligations to fund a single infrastructure project (the pooling restriction);
>>> Improvements to the operation of the Community Infrastructure Levy;
>>> A more proportionate approach to administering exemptions;
>>> Extending abatement provisions to phased planning permissions secured before the introduction of the Community Infrastructure Levy;
>>> Applying indexation where a planning permission is amended;
>>> Indexing Community Infrastructure Levy rates to more closely track the value of development;
>>> Removing Regulation 123 restrictions and introducing Infrastructure Funding Statements;
>>> Clarifying that local planning authorities can seek a sum as part of a section 106 planning obligation for monitoring planning obligations;
>>> Delivering Starter Homes.".
- "The purpose of the current technical consultation is to ensure that the draft regulations deliver the intended policy changes and do not give rise to unforeseen consequences. A number of the proposals consulted on in March will be addressed through guidance and these are not considered in this consultation. The Government will also bring forward guidance to support the delivery of the proposals in this consultation.".
- Note: For the draft regulations, see "Annex A" (pages 21-43) within the above consultation document.
Other sources of information:
- March 2018: Supporting housing delivery through developer contributions (pdf) (link).
- Note: For more information about the above document, please view this post.
- October 2018: Government response to supporting housing delivery through developer contributions (pdf) (link).
- - Note: For more information about the above document, please view this post.