The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on
"exit day" 31/12/2020:
"Exit day"December 2020: SI 2018 No. 1310 - The European Parliamentary Elections Etc. (Repeal, Revocation, Amendment and Saving Provisions) (United Kingdom and Gibraltar) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018 (pdf) (link).
- Schedule 1, Part 2, Table 1 of the above SI 2018 No. 1310 makes consequential amendments to the following SIs:
- Advertisements Regulations 2007.
- The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012.
- The "Explanatory Memorandum" (link) to the above SI includes the following information:
- "As a result of the UK no longer being a EU Member State the UK will no longer elect MEPs. To the extent that retained EU law includes provision relating to the holding of European Parliamentary elections in the UK and any rights to vote or stand as candidates in relation to European Parliamentary elections in the UK, and provides for European political parties and European political foundations in the UK, these Regulations remedy deficiencies in retained EU law by removing such redundant provisions.".
- Note: For other amendments relating to retained EU law, please view this previous post.
- UPDATE: This SI was originally due to come into force on "exit day", but this was subsequently replaced with "31st December 2020" by regulation 2 of "The European Parliamentary Elections Etc. (Repeal, Revocation, Amendment and Saving Provisions) (United Kingdom and Gibraltar) (EU Exit) (Amendment) Regulations 2019" (link).
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website: