[UPDATE: For the subsequent updates to the NPPF relating to this consultation, please view this post.]
The government has published the following response to the consultation titled "Technical consultation on updates to national planning policy and guidance" (which ran for 6 weeks from 26/10/2018 until 07/12/2018):
- February 2019: Government response to the technical consultation on updates to national planning policy and guidance (pdf) (link).
- The "Introduction" at the start of the above response document includes the following information:
- "The publication of new household projections by the Office for National Statistics has led to a significant reduction in the overall numbers generated by the standard method for assessing local housing need.".
- "On 26 October 2018 the Government published the Technical consultation on updates to national planning policy and guidance. The consultation paper set out proposals to update planning practice guidance on housing need assessment to be consistent with the Government’s ambitions for increasing housing supply.".
- "The consultation also proposed clarifications to national planning policy on:
>>> housing land supply
>>> the definition of “deliverable”
>>> appropriate assessment for habitats sites".
Other sources of information: