The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 22/05/2019:
- May 2019: SI 2019 No. 703 - The Radiation (Emergency Preparedness and Public Information) Regulations 2019 (pdf) (link).
- Regulation 29 and Schedule 10 paragraph 11 of the above SI 2019 No. 703 make consequential amendments to the following SI:
- Infrastructure Planning (Interested Parties and Miscellaneous Prescribed Provisions) Regulations 2015.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI 2019 No. 703 includes the following information:
- "These Regulations revoke and supersede the Radiation (Emergency Preparedness and Public Information) Regulations 2001.".
- "The Regulations impose duties on operators of premises in which work with ionising radiation takes place to identify the hazards arising from the work with such radiation which have the potential to cause a radiation emergency. Where such hazards exist, the operator is under a duty to assess the consequences of the radiation emergency, and liaise with the local authority. Both the local authority and the operator must engage in planning against the radiation emergency occurring, test such plans at regular intervals and provide information to the public.".
- "Regulation 29 and Schedule 10 provide for consequential amendments.".
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Infrastructure Planning Order/Regulations/Rules, etc" page has been updated to list the above SI 2019 No. 703.