The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on "exit day" (i.e. currently either 12/04/2019 or 22/05/2019):
- "Exit day": SI 2019 No. 419 - The Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 (pdf) (link).
- Regulation 6 and Schedule 3 Part 3 paragraph 95 of the above SI 2019 No. 419 make consequential amendments to the following SI:
- The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012.
- The "Explanatory Memorandum" (link) to the above SI 2019 No. 419 includes the following information:
- "This instrument uses powers under the EU (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (EUWA) to correct deficiencies in EU-derived data protection legislation as a result of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom (UK) from the EU, including consequential amendments to other legislation. This will ensure that the legal framework for data protection within the UK continues to function correctly after exit day.".
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Neighbourhood Planning [OTHER] Regulations 2012" page has been updated to list the above SI 2019 No. 419.