The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 01/04/2019:
- April 2019: SI 2019 No. 734 - The Forestry and Land Management (Scotland) Act 2018 (Consequential Provisions and Modifications) Order 2019 (pdf) (link).
- Article 6 and the Schedule Part 2 paragraphs 67, 68, 69, and 71 of the above SI 2019 No. 734 make consequential amendments to the following SIs:
- The Infrastructure Planning (Applications: Prescribed Forms and Procedure) Regulations 2009.
- The Infrastructure Planning (Compulsory Acquisition) Regulations 2010.
- The Infrastructure Planning (Changes to, and Revocation of, Development Consent Orders) Regulations 2011.
- The Infrastructure Planning (Interested Parties and Miscellaneous Prescribed Provisions) Regulations 2015.
- The "Explanatory Memorandum" (link) to the above SI 2019 No. 734 includes the following information:
- "The 2018 Act [the Forestry and Land Management (Scotland) Act 2018] repeals the Forestry Act 1967 as it applies to Scotland. Part 1 of the Schedule to the Order accordingly makes a number of consequential amendments to the 1967 Act and to other primary legislation to reflect the removal of the Forestry Commissioners’ functions in or as regards Scotland. Part 2 of the Schedule to the Order makes consequential modifications to various pieces of secondary legislation, again to reflect the new arrangements regarding the management of forestry in Scotland, put in place by the 2018 Act.".
- Note: Article 1(2) of the above SI 2019 No. 734 states that "This Order comes into force on the day on which section 81 of the Forestry and Land Management (Scotland) Act 2018 comes into force". It appears that the latter section 81 was brought into force on 01/04/2019 by regulation 2 of SI 2019 No. 47 (C. 1) (link).
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Infrastructure Planning Order/Regulations/Rules, etc" page has been updated to list the above SI 2019 No. 734.