The government has published an updated version of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) on 19/06/2019:
Updated version of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF):
- February 2019, as amended in June 2019: National Planning Policy Framework (pdf) (link).
- Note: The above version of the NPPF is still dated "February 2019", albeit that it now includes amendments made in June 2019.
- The "Policy paper" page (link) relating to the NPPF includes the following information about the above amendments made in June 2019:
- "On 23 May 2019 the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government issued a Written Ministerial Statement to remove paragraph 209a from the revised National Planning Policy Framework following a legal judgement. To this effect, the paragraph has been removed, and a correction slip has been inserted at the end of the document.".
- Note: The transcript for the above High Court judgment is available as a free-to-view transcript on the Bailii.org website (link).
- Note: The "Collection" [of documents] page (link) relating to the 2018 and 2019 updates to the NPPF does not refer to the above amendments made in June 2019.
Other Sources of Information:
- May 2019: Written statement to Parliament by James Brokenshire MP (link).