The Part 1 of the GPDO - GENERAL Appeal Decisions document has been updated to include 2 additional appeal decisions relating to householder permitted development legislation, for which the conclusions are as follows:
November 2019 - Code a01084 (appeal dismissed):
- This appeal decision provides an example of where it was concluded that a relatively short width of wall is “a wall forming a side elevation”. (*)
[Note: The wall is single storey, and has width approx 1.0m].
- The side wall of an original (part-width) rear projection (i.e. the side wall facing the infill area) is “a wall forming a side elevation”. (*)
[Note: The original rear projection is single storey].
- For example, an extension to the side of an original (part-width) rear projection within a conservation area (or other article 2(3) land) is not permitted development. (*)
- An original side wall that has been (entirely) removed still constitutes “a wall forming a side elevation of the original dwellinghouse”. (*)
[Note: This appeal decision implies (rather than states) this conclusion].
[Note: Relates to the side wall of an original (part-width) single storey rear projection].
[Quote: “It is necessary to interpret the words of the GPDO in their ordinary meaning and not to read other things into them that are not included. For the consideration of original dwellinghouse therefore, the GPDO definition needs to be taken at face value. Class A does not for example state that the limitations are related to the original dwellinghouse that still exists at the present time.”].
- In the second of the above diagrams, “Extension D” is subject to the “extend beyond” type restrictions in relation to “Wall 2”. [Note: The diagrams are viewable within the “Extend beyond” topic of this document].
[Note: This appeal decision relates to “a wall forming a side elevation”].
October 2019 - Code a01083 (appeal allowed):
- [Note: To view these conclusions, please log onto the website as a member].
- To view the conclusions, full summaries, and decision notices for any of the above appeals, please view the Part 1 of the GPDO - GENERAL Appeal Decisions document. As a member of the Planning Jungle website, you can view the decision notices for all of the appeals within the above document for no extra cost.
- Any of the above conclusions marked with a "(*)" contradict other appeal decisions. The "Reference Section" within the above document indicates how many appeals have supported and contradicted each particular conclusion.