The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 06/04/2020:
- April 2020: SI 2020 No. 100 - The Courts and Tribunals (Judiciary and Functions of Staff) Act 2018 (Consequential, Transitional and Saving Provision) Regulations 2020 (pdf) (link).
- The Schedule paragraph 13 of the above SI 2020 No. 100 makes a consequential amendment to the following SI:
- CIL Regulations 2010.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI 2020 No. 100 includes the following information:
- "The Schedule to the Courts and Tribunals (Judiciary and Functions of Staff) Act 2018 (c. 33) (“the 2018 Act”) makes provision for authorised court and tribunal staff to provide legal advice to judges of the family court and justices of the peace, and to exercise judicial functions where procedure rules so provide. That provision includes repealing or amending provision in primary legislation which refers to the offices of a justices’ clerk or assistant to a justices’ clerk (since those offices will no longer exist as a result of the changes made by the 2018 Act). These Regulations make amendments to secondary legislation in consequence of the provision made by the Schedule to the 2018 Act, and also make transitional and saving provision.".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "CIL Regulations 2010 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2020 No. 100.