The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 31/12/2020:
- December 2020: SI 2020 No. 1470 - The State Aid (Revocations and Amendments) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (pdf) (link).
- Regulation 7 and Schedule 2 Part 2 paragraph 11 of the above SI 2020 No. 1470 make consequential amendments to the following SI:
- CIL Regulations 2010.
- Note: The "Explanatory Memorandum" (link) to SI 2020 No. 1470 states the following:
- "The purpose of this instrument is to disapply EU law relating to State aid that is retained in the UK by the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (the Withdrawal Act). The overall effect is to ensure that EU State aid law does not form part of UK domestic law as retained EU law after the end of the transition period. This instrument does not affect the application of the State aid provisions in the Northern Ireland Protocol.".
- "This instrument also makes consequential amendments to provisions contained in other retained EU law and UK domestic legislation which cross refer to the State aid rules. These amendments ensure that the provisions will continue to operate appropriately after the end of the transition period when State aid rules will not form part of domestic law.".
- Note: The above SI 2020 No. 1470 came into force on "IP completion day", which is defined as "31 December 2020 at 11.00 p.m" by section 39(1) of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 (link).
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "CIL Regulations 2010 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2020 No. 1470.