The government has published the following consultation, which runs for 8 weeks from 30/01/2021 until 27/03/2021:
- January 2021: National Planning Policy Framework and National Model Design Code - consultation proposals (pdf print version of HTML webpage) (link).
- The "Scope of the consultation" at the start of the above consultation document includes the following information:
- "This consultation seeks views on draft revisions to the National Planning Policy Framework ("the Framework"). The text has been revised to implement policy changes in response to the Building Better Building Beautiful Commission "Living with Beauty" report.".
- "A number of other changes to the text of the Framework are also set out and explained in this consultation document, but we are not proposing a review of the National Planning Policy Framework in its entirety at this stage. A fuller review of the Framework is likely to be required in due course, depending on the implementation of the government's proposals for wider reform of the planning system.".
- "This consultation is also seeking views on the draft National Model Design Code, which provides detailed guidance on the production of design codes, guides and policies to promote successful design. We made a commitment to seek views on the National Model Design Code as we expect it to be used to inform the production of local design guides, codes and policies and want to ensure it is as effective as possible.".
- Note: The webpage (link) for the above consultation also includes the following documents:
- "National Planning Policy Framework: draft text for consultation".
- "National Model Design Code".
- "Guidance notes for Design Codes".
- Note: For more information about the government's response to the "Living with Beauty" report, please view this post.
Other sources of information:
- January 2021: Government press release - "All new developments must meet local standards of beauty, quality and design under new rules" (link).