The following new Direction comes into force on 01/08/2021:
- August 2021: The Town and Country Planning (Applications for public service infrastructure development notification) (England) Direction 2021 (pdf print version of HTML webpage) (link).
- The webpage (link) for the above Direction includes the following information:
- "The Direction requires local planning authorities in England to notify the Secretary of State when they receive an application for public service infrastructure development, and when they anticipate making a decision on the application.".
- "The notification requirements imposed by this Direction are intended to help the government monitor whether the measure is working as intended, and to understand to what extent pre-application engagement for these types of projects, as encouraged in the revised National Planning Policy Framework, translates into faster decision-making by local planning authorities.".
- Note: Paragraph 3 of the above Direction states that "This Direction applies in relation to an application for planning permission for public service infrastructure development made on or after 1 August 2021.".