The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 16/01/2023:
- Regulations 63-67 and Schedule 11 of the above SI 2022 No. 1382 make consequential amendments to the following SI:
- The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI 2022 No. 1382 includes the following information:
- "These Regulations [SI 2022 No. 1382] make provision related to the requirement for voters to present photographic identification when voting at polling stations at UK Parliamentary elections in Great Britain. These Regulations [SI 2022 No. 1382] also create a similar requirement for persons voting at polling stations at Police and Crime Commissioner elections in England and Wales, and local government elections and referendums in England, and a similar requirement for persons signing a recall petition held in Great Britain under the Recall of MPs Act 2015 (c. 25) when signing the petition at a petition signing place.".
- "Part 10 [of SI 2022 No. 1382] amends various instruments to make equivalent amendments to election, referendum and recall petition rules to those made to the UK parliamentary election rules in Schedule 1 to the 1983 Act by Schedule 1 to the Elections Act 2022 (c. 37), and, in relation to Police and Crime Commissioner elections and recall petitions, equivalent amendments to those made by Part 9 of these Regulations providing for emergency proxy applications to be made on grounds relating to voter identification.".
- Note: Regulations 63-67 and Schedule 11 of the above SI 2022 No. 1382 come into force "on the 25th day after the day on which these Regulations are made". In other words, regulations 63-67 and Schedule 11 of the above SI 2022 No. 1382 come into force on 16/01/2023.
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Neighbourhood Planning [OTHER] Regulations 2012" page has been updated to list the above SI 2022 No. 1382.