[UPDATE: For the subsequent government response to this consultation, please view the following posts:
- This post for the response document relating to onshore wind.]
The government has published the following consultation, which runs for 10 weeks from 22/12/2022 until 02/03/2023:
- December 2022: Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill - reforms to national planning policy (link) (pdf print version of HTML webpage).
- The "Topic of this consultation" section at the start of the above consultation document includes the following information:
- "This consultation seeks views on our proposed approach to updating to the National Planning Policy Framework. We are also seeking views on our proposed approach to preparing National Development Management Policies, how we might develop policy to support levelling up, and how national planning policy is currently accessed by users.".
- "A fuller review of the Framework will be required in due course, and its content will depend on the implementation of the government’s proposals for wider changes to the planning system, including the Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill.".
- Note: The webpage (link) for the above consultation also includes the following document:
- "National Planning Policy Framework - draft text for consultation".