[UPDATE: For a subsequent further consultation, please view this post.]
The government has published the following action plan relating to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs):
- February 2023: Nationally Significant Infrastructure - action plan for reforms to the planning process (link) (pdf print version of HTML webpage).
- The webpage (link) for the above action plan includes the following information:
- "The action plan sets out the reforms to the NSIP regime that we will implement to ensure the system can support our future infrastructure needs by making the system better, faster, greener, fairer and more resilient. The action plan sets out how the reforms will be delivered across government (including the Planning Inspectorate) to meet these objectives.".
Other sources of information:
- August 2021: National Infrastructure Planning Reform Programme - stakeholder survey (pdf print version of HTML webpage) (link).
- Note: For more information about the above document, please view this post.
- February 2023: Government press release - "Cross-government plan to speed up delivery of major infrastructure projects" (link).