The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 01/04/2023:
- April 2023: SI 2023 No. 368 - The Health Education England (Transfer of Functions, Abolition and Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2023 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2023 No. 368 includes a consequential amendment to the following SI:
- GPDO 2015.
- In particular, regulation 4(2) and Schedule 2 paragraph 19 of the above SI 2023 No. 368 deletes a reference to "Health Education England" within Schedule 2 Part 12A of the GPDO 2015.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI 2023 No. 368 includes the following information:
- "These Regulations [SI 2023 No. 368] transfer the functions conferred on Health Education England ("HEE") by the Care Act 2014 (c. 23) to NHS England (see regulation 4).".
- "HEE and NHS England are bodies corporate established under section 96 of the Care Act 2014 and section 1H of the National Health Service Act 2006 (c. 41) respectively.".
- "The transfer of functions is given effect by making amendments to the National Health Service Act 2006, the Health and Social Care Act 2012 (c. 7) and the Care Act 2014, as well as consequential amendments to other pieces of primary and secondary legislation (see regulation 4(1) and (2), and Schedules 1 and 2).".
- "The Regulations [SI 2023 No. 368] also abolish HEE (see regulation 4(3)), make transitional provision about final reports and accounts in relation to HEE (see regulations 5 and 6), and make transitional provision in relation to the winding up of HEE's affairs, legal proceedings, references to HEE in enactments and other instruments, and in documents and forms (see regulation 7).".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "GPDO 2015 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2023 No. 368.