The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) comes into force on 26/10/2023 and 07/05/2024:
- October 2023 and May 2024: SI 2023 No. 1150 - The Representation of the People (Franchise Amendment and Eligibility Review) Regulations 2023 (pdf) (link).
- Regulation 38 and Schedule 4 of the above SI 2023 No. 1150 makes consequential amendments to the following SI:
- The Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of the above SI 2023 No. 1150 includes the following information:
- "These Regulations [SI 2023 No. 1150] make provision related to the change in franchise for citizens of the European Union for local government elections in England, and for Police and Crime Commissioner ("PCC") elections in England and Wales.".
- "Part 6 [of SI 2023 No. 1150] makes amendments to the Neighbourhood Planning (Referendums) Regulations 2012 (S.I. 2012/2031) in relation to business referendums, to reflect the revised eligibility of citizens of the European Union to vote on behalf of a business at such a business referendum.".
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "Neighbourhood Planning [OTHER] Regulations 2012" page has been updated to list the above SI 2023 No. 1150.