For testimonials from current members of the Planning Jungle website, please view below:
Testimonials from local authorities:
"The wealth of information that is provided in one place by the Planning Jungle website is an invaluable resource to the planning & enforcement officers, particularly with regulations and guidance constantly changing."
- Gavin Prescott, Development Manager, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
"We signed up to Planning Jungle in Spring 2013. It continues to be a fabulous and cost effective resource for our team and consistently provides reliable information around legislation and cases. I am particularly pleased with the consolidated versions of legislation and the updates that highlight appeal decisions."
- Graeme Mitchell, Development Manager, Bolton Council
"You could spend hours upon hours trying to keep up with the plethora of changes to planning legislation and stream of (often contradictory) appeal decisions, or you could just let this superb website do it for you."
- Nick Smith, Principal Planning Officer, Cheshire West and Chester Council
"The consolidated legislation updates are invaluable, as are the updates and interpretation of Permitted Development appeal cases, so Planners here regularly refer to the Planning Jungle website for information."
- Andrew Tyrrell, Planning Manager, Colchester Borough Council
"Excellent way of keeping up to date with legislation changes, easy to use and cost effective."
- Alice Fey, Team Leader, Dover District Council
"In a constantly changing legislative world and often where time and resources are stretched the services and functionality of Planning Jungle have proved invaluable."
- Leigh Palmer, Head of Planning, Eastbourne Borough Council
“On permitted development matters alone, Planning Jungle has settled debates not only with planning agents, but also among our own planning officers.”
- Nigel Richardson, Assistant Director (Development), Epping Forest District Council
"The council has subscribed to Planning Jungle for several years, and throughout that time has found it to be a reliably up-to-date and helpful resource in the ever changing world of development management. The weekly updates and consolidated versions of key areas of legislation are of particular value to the team as they face the daily challenges thrown at them by developers, agents and the public."
- Andrew Stell, Development Manager, Fylde Borough Council
"An invaluable resource for the fast-changing world of Development Management. Planning Jungle is the first port-of-call for commentary regarding legislation amendments."
- Mark Cassidy, Planning Manager, Lancaster City Council
“Planning Jungle’s consolidated legislation is accurate and helps maintain my sanity whilst the range of householder appeals cited is extremely comprehensive. All in all a very useful and cost effective service which I would highly commend.”
- Dave Mansfield, Development Management Manager, London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
"The Planning Jungle website and email updates have become an essential information tool which helps us to keep up with decisions and legislative changes, not to mention the invaluable consolidated versions of key legislation."
- Tim Horsman, Planning Development Control Manager, London Borough of Bromley
“An invaluable resource for PD matters and more.”
- Paul Wilford, Principal Planning Enforcement Officer, London Borough of Lambeth
“Great resource for any planning professional.”
- Neil Milligan, Building and Development Control Manager, London Borough of Merton
“An incredibly useful and cost effective tool which provides a comprehensive and up to date guide on various legislative matters particularly those relating to permitted development rights which is of particular value during a time of significant change. It is easy to navigate and user-friendly for all stakeholders involved in the planning process.”
- Kelly Sweeney, Deputy Planning Manager, London Borough of Sutton
"We were advised to subscribe by colleagues whose Authorities were already users of the services provided. We did so and are very glad we did given the major benefits that have resulted in terms of dealing with permitted development matters and all the changes made and, looking to the future, those proposed to be made. We will of course be continuing to subscribe."
- David Groom, Service Manager Planning and Building Control, New Forest District Council
“My colleagues and I find it to be an accurate and time saving resource. The consolidated versions of regulations are invaluable tools at a time when there are so many changes taking place.”
- Theresa Nicholl, Development Manager, Peterborough City Council
"We have increasingly used the Planning Jungle website since its initial creation and find it very helpful for day to day work - both simple and complex issues. The format and easy to follow commentary is appropriate to the subject and overall it is excellent value for money at a time of constrained resources."
- Andrew Benson, Development Manager, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
“This excellent resource effectively clarifies those uncertainties surrounding householder permitted development.”
- Dean Leadon, Senior Planner, Sandwell Council
"The Planning Jungle website has offered our council access to up to date planning legislation and guidance in a format that is easy to understand. We use the information provided on a regular basis without having to resort to other more costly sources."
- John Gunn, Development Control Manager, Tamworth Borough Council
"The consolidated legislation is worth the subscription alone but with access to regular updates, permitted development resources, templates and processes it is very cost effective."
- Piers Mason, Chief Planning Officer, Tandridge District Council
"The Planning Jungle website has been a very important research tool for officers and has allowed us to keep on top of legislation changes whilst also ensuring we provide relevant and up-date information to our residents."
- Matthew Roberts, Team Leader, Three Rivers District Council
"This is an invaluable resource for everyone in planning - from Support Staff up to Senior Managers in knowing that any new and amended legislation will be completely up-to-date. It is a source of information that can be confidently relied upon. Many appeal decisions are reported which can provide information and guidance on key and current issues in planning and enforcement - especially useful with all the permitted development amendments."
- Lisa Hughes, Development Management Service Manager, Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
"Planning Jungle is a fantastic resource and good value for money. It is an invaluable tool for keeping up to date with an ever-changing world of legislation, and is used on a daily basis."
- Russell Clarkson, Principal Development Management Officer, West Lindsey District Council
“Excellent way of keeping up to date with the ever changing world of planning - consolidated legislation is worth every penny, and the Class Q and other PD appeals library is also really useful.”
- Keith Thursfield, DM Manager (Daventry Area), West Northamptonshire Council
"A reliable source of information that saves time in a climate of constant change."
- John Walker, Director of Planning, Westminster City Council
“We use the site on a daily basis and it provides clear, comprehensive and cost effective guidance. A must for any busy Planning Service.”
- Ian Jordan, Service Manager, Wokingham Borough Council
“Providing staff with access to the Planning Jungle means that they have instant access to the latest information and ensures they are getting what can be very difficult decisions right first time, every time. I cannot recommend it highly enough.”
- Alastair Nicholson, Development Manager, Wycombe District Council
"Planning Jungle is an essential tool for all associated with Town Planning. Planning legislation continues to change rapidly, Planning Jungle keeps pace with these changes. The regular updates of appeal decisions is vital to ensure that applications are considered in the current context. In short Planning Jungle provides Planners with up to date information to make accurate and timely decisions."
- Paul Round, Development Manager, Wyre Forest District Council
"The Planning Jungle website and email service has undoubtedly saved my authority time, uncertainty and legal costs - it has become a reliable and cost effective guide for National Park planners."
- Richard Graham, Head of Development Management, Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority
Testimonials from planning consultants:
"We have been using the Planning Jungle website for over a year, and we find the information available extremely extensive, useful and up to date. The very low subscription fee is money well spent!"
- Daren Thomas, A-Tec Design
“A unique and essential guide."
- Mark Carter, Consultant, Carter Planning Ltd
"A wealth of essential material and analysis all in one place."
- David Keyte, Director, DK Planning & Development Limited
"It continues to be an invaluable tool when researching planning applications and appeals."
- David Lane, Chairman, DLA Town Planning Ltd
"The Planning Jungle offers an excellent and continually updated source of English planning legislation to rival the Encyclopaedia of Planning Law and Practice. Invaluable in the absence of consolidation from our own government and their increasingly complex measures to update Permitted Development and Use Class details."
- Steve Edgeller, Planning Director, Edgeplan Ltd
“The Planning Jungle offers us an innovative up-to-date way to stay in touch with the latest planning issues.”
- Helen Binnie, Director, Get Planning and Architecture Ltd
“Thoroughly well researched, informed and presented. An invaluable, up-to-date resource, especially in the light (or rather shadow) of the plethora of GPDO amendments and additions.”
- John Elvidge, Principal, John Elvidge Planning Consultancy
"The Planning Jungle provides practitioners, whether in the private or public sector, with an invaluable source of information regarding the ever changing and ever more complex world of PD regulations. The consolidated version of the GPDO is extremely helpful as are the insightful commentaries of legislative changes and appeal decisions."
- Adrian Gould, Director, JPPC
“With Planners in all sectors seemingly in a state of confusion, the Planning Jungle website is one of my firm's essential research resources.”
- Dr Bob Newell, Newell Projects Ltd
"An excellent resource of appeal decisions, news and consolidated legislation relating to the ever-changing General Permitted Development Order."
- Nick Kirby, Associate Planner, Pegasus Group
"A relevant, useful and well-maintained resource which is an invaluable reference point."
- Chris Moore, Plainview Planning
"I first subscribed to Planning Jungle on the glowing recommendation of a fellow planning law solicitor several years ago and since then have continually found it extremely useful and excellent value for money. I would recommend it to anyone in the field. Planning Jungle has been so helpful to me and my clients over the years."
- Rachel Rowles Davis LLM, Planning and Highways Law Solicitor, Rowles Davis LTD
"A cost effective and valuable resource of up to date legislation and guidance for planning professionals."
- Caroline Legg, Senior Planner, Smart Planning
"Just about all you need to know on householder permitted development - should be compulsory reading for planning officers."
- Ian Ellis, Director, Southern Planning Practice Ltd
"We have subscribed to The Planning Jungle since 2011. The wealth of information, expertise and opinion that membership offers has grown incrementally over this time, as the original legislation continues to be tested on appeal and in the courts. I recommend the site as an invaluable resource for any planning professional."
- Steve Haskey, Director, Steve Haskey Design Ltd