This document provides the conclusions, summaries, and decision notices for 150 appeal decisions relating to Part 3 Class M of the GPDO (i.e. retail-(etc)-to-residential conversions):
- Part 3 Class M of the GPDO - Appeal Decisions
(PDF document, opens in a new window).
[Note: To enable the above link, please log onto the website with a current membership.]
Note: For an "informal list" of appeal decisions after the above 150 (i.e. appeals decided from November 2020 onwards), please view below at the end of this page. This "informal list" is currently updated every (approx) 3 months (but may be discontinued in the future).
- Last updated: 22/07/2021 (no longer regularly updated)
- Total number of appeal decisions: 150
(plus 5 "Potential fallback position" appeals, which are NOT summarised (only listed))
- Number of pages: 450
- The "Reference Section" section within the above document shows the conclusions for all of the appeal decisions, and indicates how many appeal decisions have supported and contradicted each particular conclusion.
- The "Appeal Decision Summaries" section within the above document provides full summaries for all of the appeal decisions.
- At the end of each summary, there is a link to the appeal decision notice and (if applicable) the costs decision notice. These links only work for members, and there is no extra cost for clicking on them. This means that only members can see the full details of each appeal decision, including the Planning Inspectorate's reference, the site address, the decision date, the name of the local authority, etc.
- Whenever new appeal decisions are added to the above document, their conclusions are posted on the Updates page of this website (see the category below) and are included within the next version of the Updates by Email (weekly).
- To view a list of updates relating to this page, please view the following category: - Category: Part 3 Class M of the GPDO - Appeal Decisions
Informal list of Part 3 Class M appeal decisions after the above 150 (i.e. appeals decided from November 2020 onwards):
- [Note: To view this list of 57 appeal decisions, please log onto the website with a current membership.]