The following 1 new Statutory Instrument (SI) came into force on 17/03/2021:
- March 2021: SI 2021 No. 337 - The Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2021 (pdf) (link).
- The above SI 2021 No. 337 makes an amendment to the following SI:
- CIL Regulations 2010.
- The "Explanatory Note" (link) at the end of SI 2021 No. 337 includes the following information:
- "The [CIL Regulations 2010] were amended by the Community Infrastructure Levy (Amendment) (England) Regulations 2019 (S.I. 2019/966), which inserted paragraph (7A) into regulation 60 of those Regulations. That amendment enables the Mayor of London, until 31st March 2033, to apply CIL to repay monies, including interest, borrowed by the Greater London Authority or Transport for London, provided the money borrowed is for the purposes of, or in connection with, the Crossrail project. This instrument [SI 2021 No. 337] amends the date in regulation 60(7A) of the [CIL Regulations 2010] so that for “31st March 2033” there is substituted a new date of “31st March 2043”. This extends the period of time within which the Mayor of London can collect and apply CIL to borrowing for the Crossrail project.".
Other Sources of Information:
Updates to the Planning Jungle website:
- The "CIL Regulations 2010 (Consolidated)" document has been updated to incorporate the above SI 2021 No. 337.